Saturday, April 7, 2012

iFriendship; Sputnik is Magic.

Right. I've had a strange day... And I think I made a friend.

So, it started just like any other morning on SL... Hopping around from sim to sim in search of something to do. I'd come across a few nice people: A wild Abra, who was making a beautiful 3D version of the Pokemon world, and a man with whom I had an hour long conversation about how to differentiate between a magic tree and a magic giant mushroom. I'd also met a few less-than-desirable folks: Bleach role-players. I'd been all over... And then I ran into something very suspicious... An enemy soldier, standing in an incredibly obscure area... One which neither of us would generally be in without ulterior motives.

So I entered interrogation mode... And found out that I was dealing with someone who owned a nearby sim. Suspicion averted, we started talking...

And talking...

And talking.

We ended up talking most of the day. We teleported around the grid looking at land for sale and unique buildings. We traded tips on how to hostilely sieze land from innocents. We talked about economy and politics. We went over various differences between our two countries (USA, for me; and Spain, for her.). As we were hopping around; herself taking notes on various other militaries, something odd happened...

She bought me a pretty mesh gasmask.

She bought me something.

Now, this act of kindness was interpreted as a red flag. We kept talking most of the day... And she bought me more stuff. It was strange. I'm not the sort to trust people... But she seems to have nothing to gain by tricking me... And to be fascinated at me being a male.

Can I trust her? I think so.



Also, book idea: "I, Sputnick"; the tale of a Russian scientist living through the Soviet Era.

No comments:

Post a Comment